- We want to find out how we can further develop the diversity strategy of the University of Stuttgart.
- For this purpose, faculties 4 and 7 (organization: GKM) in cooperation with the IFBG – Institute for Occupational Health Consulting are conducting an excursion with seminar day "Diversity Dialogue".
- The results of the "Diversity Interviews" are incorporated into the preparation of the "Diversity Dialogue".
- The results of the "Diversity Dialogue" are included in the university's diversity audit.
- The costs for meals and (if desired) accommodation will be borne by the project.
- We want to find out how we can better promote diversity, with the aim that our students both feel comfortable with us and find a successful start to professional life.
- It is a new idea to invite company employees to a dialogue on these topics.
- Getting to know the Black Forest Campus
- Networking with other participants
- Exchange on the importance of diversity dimensions in studies and the world of work (gender, life plan, age, health, social origin, nationality & culture, professional orientation, ... For more information: https://www.uni-stuttgart.de/universitaet/profil/diversity/dokumente/diversity-konzept-barrierefrei.pdf, https://www.uni-stuttgart.de/universitaet/profil/diversity/dokumente/diversity-concept-barrierefrei.pdf; https://www.charta-der-vielfalt.de/en/
- Contribution to the further development of the diversity strategy of the University of Stuttgart (diversity audit)
- The offer is open to students of the University of Stuttgart as well as employees of the companies of the Black Forest Campus.
- If more students or company employees register than there are places available, the decision will be made by drawing lots.
Tuesday afternoon, 21 March 2023:
- Departure from the Stuttgart-Vaihingen campus at 13:00 in the direction of Freudenstadt
- Welcome by the Managing Director of the Black Forest Campus, Dr. Bogenrieder
- Guided tour of the campus building
- Visit to the company J. Schmalz GmbH
- Dinner together in a nice restaurant in the region
- Hotel accommodation (optional for students)
Wednesday, March 22, 2023:
- Breakfast at the hotel (or return from home to the campus building)
- Seminar exchange in the campus building
- from 09:00 a.m. - 05:00 p.m.
- with lunch break (catering)
- Return to Stuttgart
- Since spots are limited, the project incurs costs and participation has to be organized, please register as soon as possible.
- We ask for binding registration until 10.03.2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The excursion will be accompanied by two employees of GKM/Faculties 4 and 7.
- The seminar day will be moderated by Mrs. Marie Hopf, who has already carried out the employee survey at the University of Stuttgart with the company IFBG and followed it up in workshops as well as conducts the "diversity interviews".
- Please let us know the following when registering: Name, course of study (B.Sc./M.Sc.), overnight stay desired yes/no, desired form of arrival (individual or travel in car); for better preparation also (optionally) special interest in which diversity dimensions.
- The results of the seminar day will be provided to us anonymously by Mrs. Hopf. Although we
find out who is participating, who said what in the seminar is of course not passed on to the
university's "diversity audit".
There are only a limited number of places. Take advantage of this unique experience and actively shape the University of Stuttgart and register!
Thank you very much for your participation!
P.S.: Existing offers to support diversity at the University of Stuttgart can be found here, in the form of information, concrete support services and contact persons who you can contact directly or anonymously:
- Diversity at Universität Stuttgart
- A university free of discrimination
- Family-friendly University
The University of Stuttgart is currently undergoing a two-and-a-half-year diversity auditing process by the Stifterverband. In this process, all university members can actively contribute their experiences, competencies and concerns/suggestions in order to further develop the university-specific diversity strategy. To this end, the diversity audit will be the focus of this year's Diversity Day on 23.05.2023. All interested parties are cordially invited to a public event at which, after input on current information on the state of diversity and the diversity audit, they will work together on the development of concrete measures for the University of Stuttgart.
Further information can be found here:
If you have any questions about the audit, please contact Barbara Scheubert, Diversity
email@example.com or 0711/68581146.